No registration is required for Prospect Park or Green-Wood Cemetery trips. For most other trips, advance registration is required; exact location and time of meeting will be provided at time of registration. Car pool fees are required for some trips and should be paid directly to your driver.
In order to make registration more manageable and fair, we ask that you follow the following guidelines:
- A ONE-WEEK registration period will precede most trips, with the exception of Prospect Park, Green-wood Cemetery, and certain trips posted with a meet-up location.
- Club members have first priority for all field trips requiring registration. Nonmembers and guests are welcome on BBC trips if there is space available at the end of the registration period. Drivers, (whether members or not), have priority over non-drivers. Overnight and weekend trips are reserved for members only.
- Children 14 years of age or younger are welcome on trips but must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Some trips have limited enrollment, at the discretion of the trip leader. So register early–registrations will be taken in the order in which they are received!
- If you are a passenger in a car-pool trip and you need to cancel, please be considerate of your fellow club members and inform the registrar as soon as possible. We usually have a waiting list and someone will want your spot. Please avoid last-minute cancellations unless absolutely necessary.
- Most car trips require lunch, water, appropriate clothes for seasonal weather, and all the essentials you require for day trips.
- Please contact registrars as early as possible within the registration period, and if phoning, call before 9 p.m. Please be sure to leave your phone number(s) so that we may contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Status changes of a trip due to inclement weather will be posted on our Facebook page, our Twitter feed at @BklynBirdClub and also on Peter Dorosh’s blog. Please check before leaving for the trip if the weather looks questionable.
We hope these guidelines will facilitate the registration process in the fairest possible way. The registrar and information source for each trip is listed at the end of the trip description.